Wednesday 24 December 2014

Look Fantastic December Beauty Box [Unboxing]



I had been meaning to get my hands on the Look Fantastic beauty box for quite a while now - but I'm always either too late, or else they have problems processing my payment.

I've always wanted to try out a beauty | subscription box, but they rarely [ever] ship to Malta, my country. Or when they do, you have to pay for shipping too!

But finally I managed to buy the December edition, which arrived today, just in time for Christmas!

This one cost me €19.35  | £15.00 inc. shipping.




If you're not familiar with subscription boxes - basically you pay a small fee and you get sent a mixture of beauty products which cost a hell a lot more than what you pay for. You also wouldn't know what you're getting so it's a surprise every time :)

Usually you can subscribe to these boxes and pay twice a year for them, but Look Fantastic refuse to do this for some sort of reason, and so you have to buy this box every single month. And yes, they get sold out almost immediately.




So in December's box we got sent 7 different items - some are full sized, others are deluxe samples.

I thought that all the boxes are generic, but while I got the Bourjois single shadow and the Lord&Berry pencil, the majority got a 3-eyeshadow palette by Bourjois [I was so jelly!!] and a Lord&Berry lipgloss.

Let's see what's in this box:



Pure Gold Collagen

Basically this is a liquid food supplement [so you drink this - p.s. it tastes of peaches and passion fruit] it states that it improves your skin's appearance from within, since it penetrates to the deeper levels of our skin. It is enriched with hydrolysed collagen, vitamins and minerals.

So this costs €45.70 for 10 bottles, and you have to drink 1 per day. It is best used for not less than 4 weeks. So pretty expensive eh? Here we only got 1 bottle, which costs €4.57.



Murad Essential C-Cleanser

I was really excited to see this Murad cleanser because I've been wanting to try them out for the longest while ever. This states that it 'cleanses environmentally damaged skin by removing impurities and potential irritants, restoring moisture and preparing skin for repair.' Will be testing this baby out today!

At the moment there is an offer going on - 360ml €44.45. This one is 45ml so costs €5.55.



Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel [Anti-Ageing]

Also really intrigued to find this peel. So this is an award winning formula which should brighten, smooth and repair the skin's surface. Quite a lot of promises. Will see how this works. Intrigued.

Sold for €37.46 50ml. This one is 15ml so €11.23



Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil

So I've never heard of this brand, but after a quick Google search I realised that it is quite popular - and quite pricey. This tells me that: 'This powerful 100% concentrated rose hip oil activates skin's natural reparative ability with potent antioxidants and essential fatty acids to reveal skin's youthful state - bright, resilient and radiant.' I've never used face oils and really dying to testing this one out.

Sold for €59.69 30ml. I got a very generous 15ml which costs €29.84



Macadamia Healing Oil Infused Comb

Apparently this is the first 'tool' found in a Look Fantastic beauty box. At first I thought it was a normal comb, afterwhich I realised that this was infused with healing oil, which should detangle and nourish hair. How very intriguing. It should also add shine and smoothness [plus it provides an even distribution of healing oil - what sorcery is this?!]

Costs €7.62



Lord & Berry Travel Size Silk Kajal [Black]

I've never tried any Lord&Berry products. I got the pencil while the majority seems to have gotten a lip gloss. Upon first swatching it doesn't seem that pigmented, but will give it a try and let you know how this works. 

€12.70 for full size [my version probably costs around €5.00]



Bourjois Paris Intense Extrait 05 Eyeshadow

So while the majority got a cute 3pan palette, I got this Christmas tree green coloured eyeshadow. Apparently this hold for up to 16 hours of wear, how crazy is this? Never tried these eyeshadows before, but all I can say for now is that this is crazy pigmented.

Costs €8.38


Swatches of Bourjois eyeshadow [left] and Lord&Berry pencil [right]

So to sum everything up:

I got 7 products which cost me €19.35 but which have a retail value of €72.19!!

Do I recommend this Look Fantastic beauty box? Hell yes!
Will I buy it again? Of course!

Hope you enjoyed this post, and may you all have a very merry Christmas!
Love & hugs,
Lola

xoxo



1 comment:

  1. Amazon Beauty Box

    The Amazon beauty box introduces you a vast and exclusive collection of all the brands which you demand, want, and desire of getting. Check it out now..

    to get more - https://blog.avanearbysalon.com/amazon-beauty-box/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=