Friday 4 October 2013

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Antwerp' [Review]

Dear readers,

I had been wanting to try Nyx's Soft Matte Lip Creams for the longest time ever, but never got round to buying some. So one of the first things I got when I first visited the NYX store in Malta was a Lip Cream in the shade 'Antwerp'.

What was intriguing to me was the fact that the Lip Creams apply like a gloss, but have a matte, opaque finish.

The Lip Creams come in a standard plastic tube with a doe foot applicator. You get 6.5 grms of product. If you're not lucky to have a Nyx store in your country, you can get yours from ebay - check this link out for a seller who ships worldwide.

'Antwerp' is a light pink shade which works really well for mornings - it is suitable for different occasions too, since it can be worn for shopping, work or school without looking too OTT.

It applies beautifully - it feels super soft (just as the name states!) and the doe foot applicator does a good job too. 

As soon as you apply the lip cream it'll feel wet, but it will soon dry out completely to give its gorgeous matte finish.

As with the majority of matte lip products, you do need to apply lipbalm before you apply this in order for it not to settle around chapping or dryness on your lips. You can also apply lipbalm on top - which will give the lip cream a glossier finish.

This stays on for about 2-4 hours on me - but I do have a habit of nibbling on my lips. 

Gorgeous product, gorgeous colour - I will surely go get some other shades from the same line! 




yep - that's a piece of my lip I was nibbling on >.<



Have you ever tried any NYX products before?

Love
Lorraine
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I almost got one of these! Now I need to back and get one soon. Thanks for the review! It was really helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments, and will try my utmost to reply to each and every one of you <3 So, go ahead and leave a comment =^.^=